"Making Children's Rights Real. Advocacy, Monitoring, Self-organization"
|Course type||Lecture series|
|Degree program||Childhood Studies and Children's Rights M. A.|
Prof. Dr. Manfred Liebel (guest professor at the Freie Universität Berlin) as well as various lecturers and lecture assistants
No. of participants
15-20 depending on the lecture
Online up to 10 participants
No credit points
The organizers of the lecture series collected the written permission from all lecturers for the streaming and recording of the respective presentation. The lecturers received all necessary information beforehand. The lectures were recorded with Adobe Connect. Thereby an was used. In a larger lecture hall the lecturer needs a microphone. For questions from the audience an external hand microphone was handed around. The questions from the online room were read out by the moderator.
Experiences made by the lecturer
- The lecturers have to sign a consent form.
- Information sent out beforehand is important for the lecturers.
- The streaming sessions worked very well.
- For the online room a moderation should be planned.
- Program and flyer of the lecture series
- Example of a recording (11.12.2013)
with a description of implementation scenarios, the usage of pods and didactic pointers
Video guideline for setting up the audio assistant in Adobe Connect
Illustration 1: Lecture series with podium discussion
Support offered by CeDiS
- Consulting services for the implementation of digital solutions in teaching: The Center for Digital Systems (CeDiS) has extensive experience of many years when it comes to the implementation of digital media and systems within the fields of teaching, learning and research. We offer a wide variety of consulting services on the implementation of these tools and systems within the entire academic scope and especially at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Training courses and workshops: For lecturers at Freie Universität Berlin (professors, employees, tutors) as well as lecturers of other universities CeDiS offers training courses and workshops on the topic of teaching and learning with digital media. These course enable participants to implement online elements within their own sphere of teaching.
- The Executive Board of the Freie Universität supports e-learning initiatives: With the e-learning funding program financial resources are provided to lecturers that enrich and improve their courses quality-wise by implementing technological and media-related support. All of the academic staff teaching, the lecturers or even the institutions of the Freie Universität - without the Charité-Universitätsmedizin - can be supported within this program.