Teaching videos (tutorials)
- Lecture series
- Conference recordings
- By using iTunes students that work with Apple devices can subscribe tutorials and can learn with these anywhere, anytime
- Through the simultaneous provision of all audiovisual content on the AV Portal all of the students, independent of any operating system, can easily access this
- If audiovisual content is provided on the AV Portal then these can be easily referenced by Blackboard courses, FU wikis, FU blogs or FU websites
- Researchers can inform the international research community about their projects and results
- By providing material on iTunes U potential students or researchers can be won
- As iTunes U guarantees a high level of visibility internationally seen, international marketing potentials can be used here
- Freie Universität Berlin on iTunes:
- Video tutorial on Usage and implementation of iTunes U at the Freie Universität
- FAQ wiki on iTunes U
- Tool information on iTunes U in the IdeasBar of the Center for Digital Systems
- Basic rules for using iTunes U (PDF)
- If you have any legal questions on data protection, data safety, protection of intellectual property rights etc. that crop up during the design phase of a course supported by e-learning, the usage of existing material or the implementation of tools then please contact the Office of the General Counsel of the Freie Universität Berlin. Written information on these topics can be found here and here.
- iTunes U at the Freie Universität
- AV portal of the Freie Universität Berlin
- News regarding the Freie Universität Berlin on iTunes U in the iTunes U FU blog
Support offered by CeDiS
- Consulting services for the implementation of digital solutions in teaching: The Center for Digital Systems (CeDiS) has extensive experience of many years when it comes to the implementation of digital media and systems within the fields of teaching, learning and research. We offer a wide variety of consulting services on the implementation of these tools and systems within the entire academic scope and especially at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Training courses and workshops: For lecturers at Freie Universität Berlin (professors, employees, tutors) as well as lecturers of other universities CeDiS offers training courses and workshops on the topic of teaching and learning with digital media. These course enable participants to implement online elements within their own sphere of teaching.
- The Executive Board of the Freie Universität supports e-learning initiatives: With the e-learning funding program financial resources are provided to lecturers that enrich and improve their courses quality-wise by implementing technological and media-related support. All of the academic staff teaching, the lecturers or even the institutions of the Freie Universität - without the Charité-Universitätsmedizin - can be supported within this program.